Saturday, April 18, 2009

Last Monday's Acoustic Jam

I got slammed at work this week -- I couldn't go to Wednesday's Tin Star jam, and I am just now getting to Monday's acoustic jam.

That's a good thing, in a way, because there was some real nice music last Monday, and today I have time to put some of it up for you to enjoy.

Click a picture to enlarge, click a sound link to listen.

Does this picture make my nose look big?

We'll start off with a nice jazzy number called Azulito , led by Craig Small.

Several of us joined in: Case Tanner on upright bass, Lance Hedden on flute and soprano sax, Britt on drums, and me with tenor sax.


Next Craig launched us off on a bit of Jumpin' Jive. Mike Montiel jumped in too.

Then for a complete change in pace, Doug McKenzie Pierce pulled out his fiddle and showed us a bit of traditional Americana.

One more final bit of music from the jam: Guy leading a Stevie Ray number. As Case can be heard saying at the end: "Nice couple of tunes you guys did there!".

Hey, it's a jam.




See you next week.

--Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment