Monday, August 24, 2009

Harp A Thon

A note from Hike Handler, aka Harmonica Mike:

You may have heard the Harmonica Mike, that's me, got his harp case taken from his car last week. Over 15 harps plus a cool chromatic are gone. Please join me and the Rattlerz for a fun fundraiser to help restore my harmonica health. At today's prices, we're talking $500 to $700 in new hardware. (Thanks to the Candyman for the nice discounts). So come out and thanks in advance for all the good wishes and for helping me get back on my harmonica feet.

Here's the details:

Event: HARP-A-THON fundraiser to replace Michael Handler's stolen harmonicas
Where and When: The Tin Star Saloon, 411 W Water St, Monday Aug 24, 7 to 11 (or longer)
Featuring: host band, the Rattlerz, plus special guests throughout the evening....I'm sure there will be a jam or two along the way! (This is the Rattlerz first appearance at the Tin Star!)


Cover charge: $2 to $20, sliding scale.... plus a tip jar or two...hey, the band's gotta eat too....
This is be like the old rent party,and thanks in advance for helping me pay the "rent" on some new harps...... know you what they say, a harp player without a harp is like a.....hey, what DO they say??? Come up to the mic during the gig with a good ending to this phrase and I'll buy yo a drink. (limit to two good ones...I save my $$ for, you know....)

No RSVP needed, but tell your friends do show up!!!

LOOK FOR A STORY ABOUT THIS IN THE SF NEW MEXICAN SOMETIME THIS WEEK!, with audio from the band and me on their web site.....


Harmonica Michael Handler
505-988-2666
musicmike15@msn.com


PS> For those who want to give a couple of bucks but can't make the event, you can contribute to my PayPal account by using my e mail...thanks

1 comment:

  1. Acoustic

    I love playing guitars and I'm addicted to acoustic songs. I love hearing them. When I'm in good mood, they refreshes my mind.

    ReplyDelete