Friday, July 18, 2008

Thursday Music

Last night's Tin Star Saloon music actually started out a few miles east of 411 W. Water Street.


Click any picture to enlarge, click the play button to listen to the music.



El Farol


Canyon Road is pretty at night.


Tony Buford and Brandy Herbert were setting up to do a mostly-jazz venue when I got to El Farol.


Here's one of their numbers. They have a nice sound -- you should get out to El Farol and listen to them next time.



After a bit I packed up and wandered on down to the Tin Star to visit with my friends Mike Montiel (http://www.parrot-farm.net/~roberts/Lucky-13/) and Bobby Glenn.


Laura, of course, was glad to see me for the third night this week.


I really enjoy playing with Mike's trio. We immediately got cranking on Two Tickets to Paradise.

It turned out that one of my LANL colleagues was sitting at the bar. Good to see you again, Saundra.


Another sax player friend of mine showed up, and we talked him in to sitting in with the Trio for a number. Nice job, Jim.


Thanks everybody for letting me share in your music!

Until next time,

--Doug

No comments:

Post a Comment