Tuesday, November 18, 2008

"Try This At Home!" solo percussion concert, Saturday, November 22 at GIG

Announcement made for a friend of one of my band members:


For those of you who know Jeff, awesome percussionist who used to play with Samba Fe.

Hi All,

I will be performing a solo percussion concert "Try This At Home" on Saturday, November 22 at GIG, 1808 Second St., in Santa Fe, at 8:00 pm.

The occasion is the fortieth anniversary of my first drum lesson. I have some techniques that I have developed that I have no outlet for at regular gigs, so I have decided to present them in a solo setting. I can play four sounds with my feet, by using heel/toe technique. This allows me to solo on hand drums or electronic percussion over a basic loop provided by the feet. I hope you will join me for the fun.

Tickets are $15, available from me in advance, or at the door.

Please forward this to the local scene.

Thanks,

Jeff Sussmann

No comments:

Post a Comment